Remember...the best person to sell YOUR property is YOU!
SUNDOWNERíS CAMP, ESK DISTRICT, SOUTH EAST QLD
Toogoolawah is centrally situated between the cities of Toowoomba, Ipswich and Caboolture. All three towns are approx 100 km or just over 1 hours drive away. The centre of Brisbane is about 130 km or 1 and ½ hours’ drive. Lower Sunshine coast beaches of Caloundra and Maroochydore are under 2 hours drive.
Toogoolawah and the neighbouring town of Esk (18 km away) provide all the essentials for comfortable country living, e.g. Doctor, chemist, ambulance, police, courthouse, hospital, fire service, primary and secondary school, child care, butcher, newsagent, supermarket, service station, hairdresser, cafe, bank, rural supplies, hardware, hotels, golf club, bowling club and various other shops and services.
Somerset and Wivenhoe dams are nearby and provide excellent fishing and recreation facilities.
SELF SUFFICIENT HOBBY FARM, SUPPLEMENTARY INCOME or LIFESTYLE
Total Area approx 50 acres
- 4-bedroom country home with exceptional sheds and ease of stock handling.
- Potential supplementary income from fat lambs, cattle or stud stock.
- Potential to be self-sufficient with established orchard and gardens, chook house and livestock capacity.
- Well watered with dams, bore and rainwater tanks.
- “Sundowner’s Camp” is a reasonably level block with nice views, sunrises, sunsets and close proximity to Watt’s Bridge Memorial Airfield which is used for recreational aircraft. The property has bitumen road frontage and is within a short drive of Somerset and Wivenhoe dam recreation areas. School bus passes the gate. Daily mail service. Approx 7km to Toogoolawah and 18km to Esk.
- Full farming plant included.
The house was completed in April, 2000 and is constructed of Heritage Sandstone Cavity Block with internal Sandstone Cavity Block walls with 9 foot ceilings. Steel roof frame with colourbond Caulfield Green roof. 8 foot wide verandas on 3 sides and very large screened patio (10m x 16m). Concrete slab. Three Whirly birds fitted and digital TV antenna.
|Main Bedroom/ Spa Bath||2nd Bedroom||Lounge Room|
The House features:
- 192 sq. m. living area, plus 135 sq. m.in all round verandas, plus 150 sq. m. Patio, total area 477 sq. m.
- Four large bedrooms all with carpet, built-ins and ceiling fans. Main bedroom has 2 ceiling fans and large built-ins with enough room for sewing/office, huge shower, and separate spa room with 3 person spa bath & vanity with tile floor. Exhaust fans over shower and spa bath.
- Large Lounge room with 2 glass sliding doors, carpet and 2 ceiling fans. Glass front Aztec wood fire with fan and tiled hearth.
- Separate formal dining room with carpet and ceiling fan...
- Huge kitchen with corner pantry, slate patterned lino floor, large island bench with underneath cupboards, 900mm stainless steel gas stove with range hood, gas light, 2 ceiling fans and an exhaust fan over deep double sink, plenty of cupboards and an 8’ x 4’ cool room with meat hanging rails and shelves.
- 2nd bathroom with shower and exhaust fan, vanity, large bath and extra large linen cupboard. Tile floor.
- 2 separate toilets with sky lights and exhaust fans. Tile floors.
- Extra large laundry with large broom/storage cupboard. Tile floor.
- Electric off-peak 250 litres hot water service.
- Recently installed ceiling insulation.
- Quality light fittings and new curtains/venetian blinds throughout.
- Plenty of double PowerPoints. 3 outside waterproof PowerPoints on Verandas. 3 Telephone outlets and 2 TV points. 2 spotlights fitted to each corner of the verandas plus veranda lights
- There is a septic tank system and a grey water tank.
- A 5kw solar system is fitted and feeds extra electricity back to the grid.
- The entire house is connected to rain water tanks.
|Kitchen||Inside of Patio||2nd bathroom||House yard Trees|
GARDENS and ORCHARD
There are extensive garden beds edged with rubber belting and with a spray irrigation system.
There is an established orchard with 44 fruit trees including grapefruit, oranges, lemon, mandarins, macadamias, figs, grapes, olives, blood plum, peach, nectarines, apples, pears and mulberries. All trees have edges with rubber belting and with a drip irrigation system.
There are 14 raised garden beds, some with established asparagus plants and others available for planting with various vegetables.
Rubber belting has been used extensively for ease of maintaining edges and all flower gardens are self seeding, perennial or permanent plantings to eliminate the need for replanting annually.
|Flower Garden||Raised Garden Beds||Orchard Trees|
|Grape Vines||Hay being baled|
PADDOCKS, DAMS and WATER SUPPLIES
- The property is fenced into 5 Paddocks (all with dams) of approx. 8 acres and 3 small paddocks (not including house, orchard or garden areas). There is a laneway to allow easy stock movement between paddocks.
- All paddocks except one small paddock have a dam or access to a dam. The small paddock has a water trough filled from the bore.
- The paddocks have been sown to pasture (mostly Bambatsi & Callide Rhodes), for grazing or hay.
- Boundary fencing is barb and plain wire plus 3’ hinge joint netting. All internal paddock fencing is the same with the exception of the laneway. This is barb and plain wire with 2’ hinge joint netting. Steel gates are everywhere. No “cockies gates”!
- Fencing is in excellent order and is suitable for sheep and cattle.
- The House yard, shed yard and orchard have barb and plain wire plus 4’ dog netting plus rabbit netting.
- Two underground 5,000 gallon concrete tanks with pressure pump connected to the house. The whole house is on rainwater plus 2 rain water taps on the veranda with overhead dripper system for hanging pot plants.
- One above ground 5,000 gallon concrete tank. Three 5,500 gallon Poly tanks (Bushman) giving a total of 31,500 gallons of rainwater storage. (141,750 litres.)
- Equipped electric bore supplying 1 water trough and the fowl house. 4 Bore water taps fitted on veranda corners plus numerous bore water taps around the yards and orchard. The orchard, all house trees and gardens are set up on a manual irrigation system from the bore.
- All paddocks have their own dams (5 in total) with the exception of 1 small paddock which has a trough fed from the bore. All dams are well fed by runoff stormwater. During heavy rain massive amounts of water flow through the property waterway but does not even come close to any sheds, etc. but gives green grass for a couple of months when other neighbours have run out.
CARRYING CAPACITY – Ten head of cattle or fifty head of sheep.
|Sheep on Pasture||Cows on Pasture||Fat Lambs, they donít|
come any better
All sheds are in excellent order and fitted with guttering to rain water tanks.
- Steel framed Titan 40’ x 25’ with concrete floor, 2 tilt doors, 1 personal door, 4 windows, 4 partitioned rooms, 2 whirlybirds, 3 double fluorescent lights, numerous power points with one 20 amp point. Concrete apron.
- Steel framed 50’ x 25’ with concrete floor, 5 double barn doors, 2 whirly birds, 4 single fluorescent lights, numerous power points, and Concrete aprons.
- Steel framed 25’ x 12’ with concrete floor, 1 tilt door, 1 personal door, 1 whirly bird, 1 fluorescent light, 2 double power points, and Concrete apron.
- Steel framed Totalspan 40’ x 30’ with concrete floor, 40’ x 14’ concrete apron with yards set up. Two internal stables/feed sheds with doors out to the yards, an internal lockable 20’ x 10’ room, a 10’ x 10’ section gated off for storage, with the remainder being for hay/machinery with yards out the front with a double barn door and an apron to the rear with a double barn door. No power or lights fitted.
- Steel framed 30’ x 20’ Fowl house set up in two 10’ x 30’ sections. Each has a 10’ x 10’ enclosed shed with concrete floor and a door. One side has a 10’ x 20’ roofed pen and the other has two 10’ x 10’ roofed pens. All three pens have an automatic water bowl fitted which is fed from the bore.
- Steelframed 40’ x 40’ caravan shed with concrete floor and aprons, 4 fluorescnt lights and numerous power points including 15 amp
- Carport 40’ x 20’ fitted with steel doors.
|From the left|
Sheds, No.6, 7, 1 & 2
STOCK HANDLING FACILITIES
An excellent set of yards. Includes a Warwick Vet Crush on a concrete base with concrete race. Cattle yard panels with sheep weldmesh welded onto them. Consists of 2 smaller yards with 1 big yard. Will handle about 15 head of cattle or about 75 head of sheep without the need to use the small holding paddocks. The loading ramp is of steel construction with concrete race leading in from crush.
- Case tractor 1394 (65 hp), Case tractor 1394 (65 hp), 3 point linkage plus remotes
- International Offset Disc Plough, 22 disc (7 ft) drag on wheels with remotes
- Page Slasher (5 ft) 3 point linkage
- Superior Aerator 7 wheels (4ft 6”) 3 point linkage
- Silvan Super spreader (9 bag) 3 point linkage
- Diamond Harrows (10 ft) drag
- Massey Ferguson Scarifier 11 feet (8 ft) 3 point linkage
- 5 ft Carryall, jib, hay spike, all 3 point linkage
|Case Tractor 1394||International Offset||Warwick Cattle Crush|
Property is suitable to run for a small supplementary income from fat lambs, cattle or hay. Fat lambs or cattle could be increased substantially with feed lots.
There is also the possibility for a large level of self sufficiency with poultry, vegetables, fruit, fish and livestock for meat.
We are situated close to Watts Bridge Memorial airfield and it may be possible for the aircraft enthusiast to construct a private airstrip along the eastern boundary for small recreational aircraft.
The township of Toogoolawah is 7km away and Esk is 18 km away. Between them, these 2 small towns offer all the necessary services and businesses to enable a comfortable country lifestyle.
|Contact:||Ray and Colleen Laidlaw|