Remember...the best person to sell YOUR property is YOU!
17 ACRE CARAVAN PARK, NOWRA, SOUTH COAST NSW
WATERFRONT PROPERTY WITH SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF RIVER AND MOUNTAINS
Burrier, South Coast, N.S.W.
15 Kilometres West of Nowra on the Southern Bank of the Shoalhaven River
Property Type / Size
A Freehold Caravan and Camping Park of 17 Acres with ½ Km of Deepwater Access with Concrete Boat Ramp to the Shoalhaven River.
Grady’s Riverside Retreat is situated in a quiet and picturesque rural valley on the Shoalhaven River 2 hours South of Sydney and 15 minutes west of Nowra and 40 minutes west of Jervis Bay.
With long term repeat customer base and plenty of room to grow, Grady’s Riverside Retreat attracts a wide range of tourists, from Bass Fisherman, to Water Skiers/Wake Boarders, Canoers (Canoe Hire), Trail Bike Riders, 4WDers, Rock Climbers and Gold Prospectors or those who just love to relax and unwind!
- Grady’s has a total of a 120 sites.
- Private Accommodation: approx. 56 on site private caravans.
- 12 Powered Tourist Camping Sites
- 73 Powered Sites in total
- 56 Private Caravan sites
- 12 Camping sites
- 5 for Cabins and Cottages.
- 47 Unpowered Camping Sites by the river.
|Private Caravans||Unpowered Camping||Powered Camping|
- 2 Ensuite Cabins (Fully Equipped).
- 3 Budget Cottages.
- 4 bedrooms,
- 1 bathroom, with 2 separate toilets.
- 1 laundry
- 2 reverse cycle air-conditioning units,
- 1 dishwasher
- Full length under cover front verandah,
- Vast under cover concreted and paved entertaining area at the back of house, with pool table and fireplace.
- Fully established landscaped gardens, with fully established bird proof vegetable garden and orchard.
- Multicar carport (3 vehicles).
- 6 caravans (including 2 with tropical roofs and decks) –, to be used for extra storage, or family and friends accommodation.
- Fully renovated in July/August 2012- Kitchen, Laundry, Master Bedroom, Full Interior re-painted, New Wool Berber Carpet throughout, New Flooring in Kitchen and New Curtains
|Managers Residence||Managers Residence|
OFFICE / KIOSK
This is located at the entrance to park with covered deck area and gardens. It includes:
- Fully stocked with groceries etc.
- Fully stocked double glass door drinks fridge.
- Streets Ice Cream display freezer.
- 2 Chest Freezers Full of Bags of Ice Cubes, Prawn Bait, Meat Pies, Bread etc.
- Ice Freezer at back of shop (for Bags of Ice for sale).
- LPG Dispenser for gas refills.
- Cash Register.
- Plain Paper Fax/Copier/Printer.
- Ultra Long Range Cordless Phone System with 2 handsets.
- Microwave Oven & Toaster Oven.
- Videos for Hire.
Main Amenities Block has:
- Laundry with 2 token operated washing machines & 1 token operated dryer.
- Lady's Toilets x 5, Lady's Showers with Bench, Basins and Mirror x 4.
- Men's Toilets x 3, Men's Urinal, Men's Showers with Bench, Basins and Mirror x4.
Small Amenities Block has:
- 1 men’s toilet, shower, bench, basin & mirror.
- 1 ladies toilet, shower, bench, basin & mirror.
- 1 disabled toilet, shower, basin & mirror, including baby change facilities
|Main Amenities||Small Amenities||Laundry|
CAMP KITCHEN & PICNIC SHELTERS
Enclosed Camp Kitchen has:
- Gas BBQ
- Microwave Oven
- Tables and Chairs
3 separate Picnic Shelters with Gas BBQs, Sinks, and Tables and Chairs.
|Picnic Shelter||Camp Kitchen||B.B.Q. Shelter|
MOORING JETTY AND BOATRAMP
- Mooring Jetty with detachable floating pontoon: used for tying down boats/canoes and fishing off.
- Large wide concrete boat ramp.
|Shoalhaven River||Jetty & Pontoon||Boat Ramp|
- Canoe Hire: 13 Canoes, plus many life jackets, helmets and paddles.
|Shoalhaven River||Canoes||Canoeing In River|
- Fully enclosed and lockable large shed.
- Fully enclosed and lockable workshop.
- Extensive carport areas for work vehicles, boats, trailers, and many other items.
INVENTORY / VEHICLE / EQUIPMENT
- 2 Ride-On Lawnmowers.
- 3 Shipping Containers for secure lockable storage.
- Fully established bird aviaries with birds included.
- Trailer: 4 hinged lid box trailer for rubbish run to tip.
- Trailer: with canoe rack.
- Aluminium Outboard boat with motor.
- Elevated 1,200 Litre Diesel Tank: at the side of workshop on concrete slab.
- 2 hours from Sydney.
- 1 hour from Wollongong.
- Extremely high occupancy rate- private caravans sell quickly once on the market.
- Sites frequently booked out up to a year in advance for camping and cabins.
- Excellent lifestyle opportunities after hours.
- Ample family & guest accommodation.
- Great potential to expand income.
- Buildings and grounds well maintained.
- Location- waterfront property with spectacular views of river and mountains.
- Abundant wildlife.
|Caravan Sites||Fishing||Camping Sites|
Based on an Industry Average Operating Profit of 60% , this delightful “coastal”, Tidal Deep Water River Front Lifestyle Tourist Park of 17 acres will give an astute buyer a healthy 11% Return On Investment (11% R.O.I.).
- Gross Profit (Turnover) after G.S.T. paid (ex G.S.T.)= $320,000
- Net Profit (Operating Profit) = $192,000 (based on an Industry Average Operation Profit (Owner Operated) of 60%.
- 320,000 x 60% = 192,000
Caravan Parks are valued on what is known as the “The Capitalisation Method of Valuation” which simply means the Net Operating Profit of the business is Capitalised by what is deemed to be the Expected Market Rate of Return.
Capitalisation Rates vary from Park to Park depending on Location, Size of Property, Combined Individual Assets Value and Total Annual Earnings. Current Capitalisation Rates are in the following ranges;
- Coastal Freehold: 10% to 14%
- Coastal Leasehold: 15% to 25%
- Inland Freehold: 16% to 20%
- Inland Leasehold: 25% to 30%
Example: A Freehold Caravan Park on or close to the Coast with Deep Water Frontage (Boat Ramp) on a Tidal River in a desirable location (within a reasonable distance of major cities- such as Wollongong and Sydney) may sell on a Capitalisation Rate of say 11%.
Assuming a Turnover of say $320,000 with an Industry Average Operation Profit (Owner Operated) of 60% or $192,000, the mathematical equation for Valuation would look like this: $192,000 Divided by 11 (=$174,54.54) Multiplied by 100 = $1,745,454. Rounded off to $1,750,000.
This is the Industry Accepted Guide for Market Valuation of Caravan Parks.
The owners have spent many years developing and upgrading the facilities- the Mains Water Supply was replaced in 2008. The septic lines to both amenities were replaced in 2007 (small amenities) and 2009 (main amenities). Work was done to upgrade the power supply and replace several power pole outlets (mushroom heads) to the caravans.
Manager's Residence fully renovated in July/August 2012- Kitchen, Laundry, Master Bedroom, Full Interior re-painted, New Wool Berber Carpet throughout, New Flooring in Kitchen and New Curtains.
Some Campsites are currently being expanded and levelled.
Please visit our website to see more http://www.gradysriversideretreat.com.au/.
To arrange an inspection, call owner today.
|Contact:||Call our office on 1300 139 351 during business hours|